Thursday, February 16, 2012

When??

It has been a while.

The holidays were okay. I posted about Tim's grandfather. I got the new Kindle Touch for Christmas, I've read 9 books already. I got some new mixing bowls, too, and some new sheets.

So, I was told that the earliest I could book the shelter for the wedding was February. I know that it was a week late but I called on February 10th to book it and ALL 5 of the shelters at the beach were booked!!! I am still in shock. Normally, you can go to the beach the day you want a shelter and it's open. Nope. Plus, the woman told me I had been misinformed and that I could have booked as early as the second Monday in January. WTF!?!?!?!?

As soon as I got off the phone with the woman at the beach I sent a text to my mom asking her if the VFW was available that day (she is a member there). Lo and behold, our wedding date was the ONLY Saturday available in August. Great. Now we at least have a reception site. But it's not pretty. It is not at all what we pictured for our wedding. We want something pretty, preferably with water but not a necessity.

We are going this Saturday to look at The White Farm in Brockport, and Braddock Bay park. Sunday we are going to check out Golden Ponds. I think that Golden Ponds is the most picturesque of the three, and they have small garden waterfalls which is nice, but somehow I've already got my heart set on The White Farm. I hope I love it as much in person as I do in my head and I hope that Tim does, too. Realistically, though, I think we are going to prefer Golden Ponds. Which, of course, is the most expensive. But it's worth it, right? I hope The White Farm has a beautiful staircase, I think that would win me over. There are so many photo ops with a beautiful staircase. I'm just so anxious to decide on a location already.

So I spent at least an hour today, if not longer, tweaking our Day Of Timeline. This wedding was supposed to be a small, intimate, simple day. It was supposed to be so simple that there was no room for stress. But, somehow, it has turned into this big (not huge, but bigger than we originally wanted) affair. We've had to add an hour with our photographer. We've added a DJ when we weren't initially going to have one and now I'm questioning whether or not we need to book him with more time, too. I'm thinking back and I really cannot figure out WHEN this became such a big affair. Honestly, I think it's when we decided on a DJ. Not necessarily because we booked a DJ, but I think that is around the time that my views on the whole thing started changing. And then at Christmas when we decided to invite Tim's family, that made for a larger guest list. And once it's over so many people...what's a few more, right? So I invited a few more people. We go from like 45 people to pushing 65 almost over night. Which, obviously, is more food and making me question whether or not we need it catered.

I feel so overwhelmed with all of these decisions that need to be made and questions that I have. Who will I have let the photographer in to take pictures of the reception site before he comes to the ceremony? I want pictures of the reception site before everyone gets there and I just don't think he has time to do that after the ceremony. Whoever lets him in, will they have enough time to finish whatever task I've asked of them and get ready and get to the ceremony site for pictures? Do they need to stay at the reception site the entire time the photographer is there before the ceremony? Who will start heating up the food so that it's warm by the time we get back from the ceremony?

I know I'm over thinking things. These things are going to be minor and don't need to be figured out right away. We're just under 6 months. It's no big deal. Yet. But they will need to get thought of at some point, so why not now when I'm not stressing about invitations and everything, right?

On a lighter note.....I BOUGHT MY SHOES!!!!!!!!! I found this adorable pair of LuLu Townsend Deena pumps on DSW. The store didn't have them in stock so they're being shipped and I cannot wait for them to get here. It's only been 5 full days since I've ordered them, yet I started checking the mailbox yesterday. I don't know if they're coming in the mail or by FedEx/UPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment