Monday, May 14, 2012

89 Days

We have FINALLY gotten below the 100 day mark! It is so exciting! From the date we got engaged to the date of our wedding is 891 days. It's a huge milestone to be below 100 days. The wedding is actually 89 days from today. We officially have less than 3 months. Every time I sit down and really think about how little time that is, I get knots in my stomach. Not because I don't want to get married, I most certainly do, but because I'm paranoid that things won't be done in time. I know that they will, I am actually ahead of schedule on having things done. Invitations are stuffed, stamped, sealed and ready to be sent out. The cowbell place cards are finished with the exception of a few last minute additions. All I really have left to do is order the candy for the candy buffet, decorate the candy buffet jars, and make final payments.

I am so excited for my Bachelorette Party. I don't really drink and don't like to bar hop, etc., so finding something that I would actually enjoy seemed pretty difficult. But, I figured something out where everyone can be happy! I want my girls and I to go out to dinner, either to Olive Garden, Chili's or Friendly's, and then I want a larger group of us to meet and go bowling! I figure everyone enjoys bowling, especially me since I did it for more than 10 years of my life, and most bowling alley's have bars, so people can drink if they want.

Thursday is my Maid of Honor's Bachelorette Party! She gets married in a little less than 2 weeks. We are going out to Buffalo for dinner and line dancing at Club Infinity.

I re-read my latest post and am proud to announce that we did, in fact, decide to have our wedding at The White Farm. It wasn't much to look at in the middle of winter. I drove past it one night before we actually went and I was so disappointed. However, Christine, one of the owner's had pictures of previous weddings held in the summer and the grounds are absolutely beautiful when the trees and gardens are full and in bloom. We have to go back sometime in the next month or so to see everything in full bloom and to decide where on the grounds we are going to have the ceremony.

I also figured out who is going to let our photographer in. The VFW has a woman whose job it is to let people into the building before a party. She has agreed to be there to let the photographer in, for the cake to be delivered, and she will also start heating up our food for us so it will be warm and ready to eat by the time guests arrive from the ceremony! The biggest thing I am unsure of right now is who we are going to have cook the chicken. If we cook the chicken ahead of time and reheat it, it'll likely be dry. I have looked into getting just the chicken catered from a few places, one is way too expensive, and the other doesn't allow us to sample before we order from them. I have just contacted another family friend of ours for a quote. Jay Lopa is Pit Master of Butt Hutt BBQ & Grill Co. He is my old neighbor and is a phenomenal cook. The reason I didn't want to have him cook for us in the first place is because we really don't want his drunk wife at our reception and I felt obligated to invite both of them if he cooked for us. However, I think I have gotten over that and will just tell him that we don't really have the room for her to come to the reception. He will even grill the boneless skinless chicken breasts in the marinade of our choosing. I hope he comes back to me with a reasonable quote. If not...maybe the woman opening the VFW for us can just bake the chicken there instead and it'll be nice and fresh? I guess we'll have to wait and find out.

I'd never really thought of ceremony music, but I ended up hiring two guitarists from my church to play for us. They are both very close family friends and I am so excited that they have agreed to play for our wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment