Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I say this every year. I think I have seasonal depression. The fact that I say it every year and look into it every year probably means I should see somebody about it. I've thought about it every year probably since I was 15 or 16. It doesn't seem to hit me until November-ish as I love the fall and October is one of my favorite months. I took one of those silly little online tests that are by no means a diagnosis but I always find them interesting.
DisorderYour Score
Major Depression:Slight
Dysthymia:Slight-Moderate
Bipolar Disorder:Very Slight
Cyclothymia:Slight
Seasonal Affective Disorder:Very High
Postpartum Depression:N/A
Take the Depression Test


Yesterday was a bad day. I wanted nothing more than to sit in a corner and cry. I don't know why. I could be overly hormonal from the BC switch.

What I don't know, is at what point I should talk to a doctor...and who do I talk to? Something happened in October that made me not want to go to my PCP anymore. So I'd need to find a new primary then at the very least meet with them and possibly be referred to somebody else.

Or, looking up non-medicinal treatments, do I attempt those treatments on my own first before seeking professional help?

No comments:

Post a Comment