Sometimes I hate looking at other people's wedding pictures. It makes me want that big white wedding, church ceremony and alcohol/dancing reception, served dinners...but then I remember that that just isn't us and while that would certainly make for gorgeous pictures, we probably wouldn't have fun. We are very laid back people who don't like being the center of attention. Coming up with a guest list was hard for us because we want as few people there as possible. Not because we don't want anyone to share our day with us, but because we want to keep ourselves as comfortable as possible. A beach ceremony and reception (in a covered shelter) is definitely our kind of thing and we looked around at a couple of other places but our hearts really are set on the beach.
I don't remember if I posted about this before, I don't think I have. Some days I think about moving the wedding up to this summer. We'd still be able to afford the food and decorations, but it would be even more laid back, I probably wouldn't buy/order a dress or get Tim a suit. I thought about moving it to this August, then I considered getting married at the Town Hall on July 2 of this year and use my uncle's annual 4th of July party as our reception, we would of course help out with food costs and decorations (not that they ever have any of those). The July 2 is appealing because we don't really have to do anything for it.
But then I sit there and think about it. More than likely, Tim's friends wouldn't be able to come as most of them are out of town, and who am I to make it even less possible for them to come? At least with it a year from now they can try to save up for it. Also, even if it's only for an hour or two, I want an actual photographer and I doubt ours would be available this year, especially on a Holiday weekend like the 4th.
I've gone through this with myself before. I just want to be married to him. I don't want to go through the hassle of planning a wedding or reception. But then I sit and think about all of the things that I already have planned, which is damn near the whole event, and wonder why I'm worrying about it anyway, so then my mind goes back to having more than a year to go before we get married.
No comments:
Post a Comment