Friday, May 20, 2011

Lunch Break

This morning was one hell of a morning.

Starting with last night...the power to our bathroom and bedroom went out twice and came back on. Then around 3 am, it went out again, this time staying off until 7 am. I was freaking out a little last night because my phone only had 1 bar on the battery and I didn't want it to die over night when I was counting on it to be my alarm clock. I showered in the dark, and shaved in the dark (wearing capris today)...but hey, at least it was a regular hot shower and not a freezing cold shower like I was expecting.

Last night and this morning I also had a migraine. TMI, this is my first period on the new pill. My sex drive has been great, but the migraine thing...not so much. I don't know if it's a menstrual migraine, the weather drastically changing all the time, the stress about the electric/how much it's going to cost to fix...so I'm going to give it another two months or so and if I continue to get menstrual migraines, I'm switching back to the other BC. What I don't understand, though, is the estrogen dropped off 4 days ago but I didn't get a migraine until last night, you'd think if it's "the sudden drop in estrogen" that causes my migraines, that I would have gotten one before now. Fortunately, Tim is understanding and has said that he'll take me with a lower sex drive than me with debilitating migraines.

So on to this morning. Our North side ceiling has been leaking for MONTHS. Whenever the snow melted or it rained, our ceiling tiles would get drenched and some of them even caved, broke, and made a huge tile/water mess ALL over. They are FINALLY fixing the roof, but it's been raining for weeks. They were supposed to wait until it wasn't raining, but instead, today (it's sunny now, but was pouring earlier), they tore off the roof (I don't really know what that entails, but it's not like we had gaping holes and could see the sky) and with the rain, it started raining INSIDE. We had to call maintenance to bring up plastic to cover up a lot of our stuff, I wish I could have gotten a picture. It was leaking through the ceiling tiles, the ceiling tiles didn't even look wet but if you looked up, you'd get a drop of water in your face. When I was first told about this, I expected like one spot of like almost gushing water...but it was like it was actually raining inside. So hopefully they finish the roof today! Then they have to clean our carpets.

Also this morning, while the raining inside was just starting, one of the girls I work with got stuck on the elevator! She wasn't scared or freaked out or anything, she just called me to let me know she may be late because she was stuck on the elevator. I would have been freaking out.

So....that has been my morning so far. I'm really enjoying my lunch break. Finally get a chance to just relax and not worry about anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment