Sometimes I wish someone would just plan my wedding for me, and not be offended if Tim and I leave whenever we choose. If someone planned our wedding it would probably include dancing, which is out of the question. I still want a First Dance, but Tim doesn't, unless we take dance classes which I don't want to pay for. But other than that, we don't dance, the majority of my guests don't dance, we're not having a huge wedding party, so there just isn't any point in having a dance after the dinner portion of the reception.
I did decide that I am changing the color scheme to red (like a crimson), black and white (ivory/cream). I have decided for sure to stick with the buffet instead of going to a dessert or dessert/finger food reception.
What I can't decide now is whether or not we should move up the time to like 2 in the afternoon and make an all day event of it and have a BBQ/cookout or if we should keep it at 6:45 pm and keep it a short reception because people have to be out of the park by 11 pm. I'm leaning toward the 6:45 pm because Tim and I aren't partiers in the slightest so I can't imagine spending all afternoon at the venue. It's not that I don't like my guests and that I want to leave them as soon as possible, I just don't like being the center of attention and I'm afraid that even I'll be bored, let alone all of my guests. As it is now, we plan on having a playlist in the background but we don't plan on dong the garter toss, bouquet toss, any of that.
I don't know why I care so much if people have a good time. Part of my wanting to keep everything at 6:45 is so people don't stick around as long. If they're not having a good time, they won't stick around. When I read that, it sounds horrible, like I'm a bad person. But it's not my fault that Tim and I don't like to party or be the center of attention.
So basically, I want to keep the everything at 6:45. Have family show up between 5 and 5:30 for formal pictures. Have guests arrive at 6:30, the ceremony start between 6:30 and 6:45, and then have dinner immediately after the ceremony. After dinner I want to cut the cake and get formal pictures of that and then serve dessert (cake and a variety of cookies/brownies). After that I'd like to do our First Dance and then mingle a bit and call it a night.
I'm also torn about decorations. I want the shelter to look nicer than it currently does but I'm not sure I want to do as much decorating as I originally thought. The park is a carry in/carry out park so we have to have everything taken down by 11. I have no idea what time we'd have to get to the park to set up (can't do it the day before like most people can with their venues) and even when we do, someone will have to stay there until 5. Originally I was just going to get ready there, but now I think it may be easier for me to get ready at MOH's house or my house. But at the same time, I don't want to put someone else out by having to stay/be at the shelter all afternoon, I'd rather just do it myself.
I guess, since MOH is doing my hair, I'd better just ask her where she'd want to do it. If she'll be willing to do it at the park, we'll just stay there, or if she wants to do it somewhere else, we'll just do that and I'll have Tim and his best man stay at the shelter, or my grandma if she's able since she's doing some of the food.
I'm sorry to anyone who actually reads this. But this is one of the things I love about blogging. I'm a little less confused now than I was when I started typing this half an hour ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment