Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter!! Not.

Today is Easter. It's supposed to be a joyous day, correct? Well, it was for the most part. We had brunch with my mom's side of the family, then we had dinner with my dad's side. While at my Grandma's for dinner, we had eaten already, I was in the family room looking up a phone number, Tim, my brother, Sister-in-law and dad were in the living room, and my grandma and dad's girlfriend were in the kitchen which is right outside the family room where I was. They apparently had no idea I was there because all of a sudden they dropped their voices to a low whisper and my grandma said something about the kids or grandkids (I don't remember the specifics) followed by "I don't mind doing it for Lindsay, but the other one...." and she trailed off. I assumed she was talking about Tim. Right after that my grandma and dad gave us the Easter candy that they bought us.

Now, I realize that I didn't hear the entire thing and that I could be misinterpreting it, but to me that says that she doesn't like Tim, that buying him one little piece of chocolate is a huge hassle, which makes me think that she doesn't want to give him Christmas presents, either. Which is no big deal, Tim has never expected anything from my family and has said so on more than one occasion. What bothers me, is that she has been faking liking him for almost 2 years. It wouldn't bother me if I had no idea. But I do know. Why in the world would either of us want to go over there anymore? Why would Tim want to go over there knowing that my grandma doesn't like him and is only faking it (he'd rather she treated him the way she felt about him), and why would I want to go over there knowing how she feels about my future husband and ESPECIALLY why would I want to invite a woman to my WEDDING to this man when I know that she doesn't like him?

I just don't get it. We're both quite hurt by this. We had absolutely no idea from the way she has treated him. I mean at least she did have the decency to fake it, but now that we know, it's irritating knowing that she's faking liking him. My thoughts on this are so jumbled. I do realize that I may be making incorrect assumptions, but I think that is very unlikely.

I'm just so fed up with family not liking Tim or having an issue with him because he doesn't have a job. So what? Obviously how things are is working for us, and I've said as much, that until it no longer works for us, this is how it is going to be. I don't mind him being a Stay at home husband, I don't mind working and supporting the both of us. So just get over it already. Maybe he's not who you would have picked for me but I love him, he loves me, he treats me like a queen, is supportive of anything that I decide to do and I support him in any decision he makes as well.

I am thinking about calling my dad about all of this. Kind of a chicken shit way to avoid my grandmother, but he should at least be aware of what is going on should we decide not to go to any other family functions.

So the last thing I'd like to say, I do not want anyone at my wedding who does not like my future husband or does not support our marriage 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment