Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Flowers and Cake

I met with a florist on Sunday. Lori Lessord. She is my MOH's florist and a family friend of hers. She quoted me $220, which is doable and I'll probably go with her but I'm being awful whiney about the amount. haha. The flowers will all be silk. My bouquet would have colors ranging from white to yellow, including creams and will include calla lilies, tulips and ranunculus with pittosporum as greenery and blue pearls throughout. The girls bouquets will be a smaller version of mine without the calla lilies and with the colors inverted.

These two are similar to what we were talking about.



Speaking of "girls" We officially have a 6 person wedding party (including us), I have Jaclyn (MOH) and my friend Hope (bridesmaid) and Tim has Don (best man) and Steve (groomsman). I'm so excited to be able to include the others in our day in a more special way!

I have an appointment on Tuesday, Novebmer 8 with Arjuna Florist in Brockport. Apparently, my grandma used to babysit the guy's kids and one of my uncle's used to work there when he was younger. So I'm hoping maybe they could cut me a deal or something.

I spoke with our DJ, he's going to charge $50 an hour and requires no deposit and no contract but I'm writing one up anyway that he'll hopefully sign. He's a friend of the family so I'm not too terribly concerned about it but obviously I want to cover my butt, anyway.

I also have a meeting with the bakery on Saturday, November 12 to order our cake and lock in the 2011 prices. Tim told me he never kept the top tier before so he wants to do that this time. So we can actually have a 3-tier cake now to feed everyone instead of a huge one tier. :) It'll be a lot prettier.

No comments:

Post a Comment