Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Too excited?

I feel like I'm becoming "that bride." You know, the one who constantly talks about their wedding and is very annoying? Yeah. Not necessarily to other people, but I've been talking to Tim about it a lot lately and, maybe it's just talking about it via facebook chat, he seems annoyed with me. Like he could care less. And honestly, I know he could care less. What I've been talking about are the "boring details." Like I found these super cute seashell table card holders. He seemed like he didn't care. Like he didn't understand why we'd need them or why we'd need a seating chart. Yeah, we're only having 50 people. Yeah, I could just put "reserved" signs on certain tables for specific family, but it just seems easier to me to assign everyone to a table through dinner and let them move around afterward. And it's a set of 10 for $5.95. We don't need more than one set, so why not?

He has given his opinion our Save the Dates. Instead of printing them myself and buying magnetic business cards, I'm going to order them through Vistaprint. They're roughly the same price, they're bigger, and Tim said he liked the Vistaprint ones better.

I don't think I've mentioned this. If I have, ignore this. My dad mentioned sometime last year that he plans to contribute toward the wedding. I wasn't expecting much. Well, now that we've hit the year mark, I e-mailed him asking how much he plans to contribute so I can plan accordingly. I know I've mentioned before that I set up a small budget. I didn't want to go over $3,000 for our ceremony and reception. When my dad and I talked about this last year, the total estimated cost was $2,700...so his e-mail response said "the last thing I heard about cost was $2,700 so that's what I plan on contributing"!!!! Holy crap. I almost shit a brick when I read that. I figured he'd contribute about $500, and knowing him I knew he'd contribute more than that, that's just how he is, but I had never imagined that he'd pay for the whole thing!! All we have to pay for is the honeymoon and if we go "over budget." Which should not be a problem at all.

I am just so excited to start ordering things. I should get the first bit of money from dad next week and you better believe I'm going to go spending-happy. I have Monday the 5th off of work for Labor Day, so if the money has cleared into my account, I'm going to order stuff. I have a priority list of what to get first.

I mean, the wedding has hit me before...and I have bought some small things here and there (like the jars/vases for the candy buffet and centerpieces), but this will be the first time that I ever truly get to buy something wedding related! Ahhh!!!!!!!!

This past weekend Tim and I went on a mini vacation/road trip to Detroit, Michigan, to see Grace and Paul get married! It was my first real car trip. I drove the whole way. It was 8 hours including stops. The farthest I'd driven before that is the hour and a half that it is from here to Buffalo. We got there Thursday afternoon, relaxed, hit the pool/hot tub and went out to dinner for our anniversary. For dinner we went to Leonardo's Italian Grille, it was DELICIOUS. It was truly authentic Italian cuisine. It was a cute little restaurant, fancyish but not too fancy. Like a little more upscale Olive Garden. Friday we did a little running around (had to go to WalMart), had lunch at White Castle, hit up the pool again and then went to the wedding. It was so much fun and it was so great to officially meet Grace. I'm sure many people think it's weird that she invited complete strangers to her wedding, and that Tim and I even wanted to go, but it wasn't weird or awkward at all. It was a beautiful full catholic ceremony and a fun reception. Saturday we checked out of the hotel, met up with Grace and Paul for lunch and then hit the road for home. It was our first vacation together and neither of us wanted to kill each other. We even danced at the reception! I can't wait to see that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment