Monday night I decided that I was going to sell my car and buy the Alero that my uncle is selling that used to be my cousins (until he kicked her out and took her car and phone away - long story). So sometime between 9 and 10pm I posted an ad on Craigslist. Tuesday morning I had one e-mail. Tuesday afternoon I had gotten a phone call from someone else and the guy from the phone call came out Tuesday night to look at the car. He decided that night that he wanted to buy it! I was still a little ify on whether or not I wanted to sell it. I like the Alero a lot, but I liked my Accord. It was the first car I ever really loved, I think. But the problems it had weren't worth me fixing, or rather I didn't want the headache of fixing them, not with a wedding to save for. So I met the guys wife at the bank on Wednesday to pay off the loan and get the lien release so they could purchase the car and get it on the road. The wife did all that and had plates for it when they picked it up last night.
Who would have thought that in less than 24 hours it would have a buyer and that in less than 48 it would be gone. Tim had told me to not expect to sell it for about a month.
Oh, Tuesday night I also got a tattoo. It's cute little angel wings on my wrist that can be covered by my watch strap. I love it. Since it is so small it is healing quickly. though one side is still a little red.
I met a girl on Wedding Buzz, a facebook application. We've become good friends. We would talk on Facebook most of the evening. We finally decided to exchange phone numbers one night when we hadn't talked to each other all day. It was kind of funny and sweet. Tim and I are invited to her wedding! We've never even met, but we're going. I realize it's a little weird and uncustomary but...1, I like her a lot, we're quite a like and I support her marriage and 2, I haven't had a vacation since I went to Italy my Sophomore year of college and 3, I need to use some vacation time anyway. It is going to be an 8-hour drive, I already have the time off of work, and just got a "new" car that will have working AC and gets great gas mileage. I'm so excited for this trip. I was going to buy a GPS for our honeymoon (still over a year away) but I'm going to buy it for this trip instead so we'll already have it.
Tim and I went to AT&T last night to exchange his phone because it kept freezing, locking up and erroring (is that a word?). We got there around 8 and got helped relatively quickly. But then we just stood there for an hour talking to the guy who was taking care of us. His name was Carlton. He was funny, we were talking about movies, the upcoming vacation, how to work around the AT&T system of messed up phones...it was nice. It's funny how you sometimes just click with people.
I FINALLY got my first Taste of Home magazine that Grammy ordered for me. I've been waiting for it for like two weeks. I just flipped through it last night since we got home late but I can't wait to try some recipes. It seemed like there were a few nice ones in it.
Life is good. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment