I hate it when people look down on you simply because you do not have the same life experiences as they do. In the past I have had people act like I am nothing, or like I don't matter, or that they won't even give me the time of day because I don't have a kid or because I'm not married. So what? So maybe I don't have a kid and have not experienced parenting, I have encountered young kids in various capacities (whether it be young cousins or friends children). So what if I am not married? I will be. I understand the need for a support system and the natural way that people connect with people who have the same experiences, but you do not have to write off or act differently toward other friends who don't share those. This also applies to military wives/fiances/girlfriends. Maybe I get to see my man every day, but that doesn't mean that I can't relate to some of the things that you are going through.
I can kind of see myself doing this. I've started talking to people who I either haven't talked to in a long time or have never talked to, simply because we share being engaged. But I still hang out with my friends who are not engaged, or even those who are still single and I don't talk down to anybody or make them feel like I can't relate to them anymore.
Friends of ours just had twins had I am so happy for them and cannot wait to meet the little guys. I just don't want this to change our friendship in any way. I still want them to call us for no reason at all, or to call us to come over for dinner, I'll even cook. Or, once the boys get older, get a babysitter and go out with us to dinner or a movie. Or call us to meet up somewhere with the kids, even if we don't have any of our own.
I feel very stressed out and anxious. I am getting my wisdom teeth out on Friday (all 5 of them. Yes, 5.), I have a midterm tomorrow, and one month has already flown by so there are only 2 months left until I graduate and a mere 2 weeks after that I will lose my internship. I hate not knowing what is going to happen, whether or not I will have a job come January.
No comments:
Post a Comment