In the day or the night, in the black or the white, in the red of a rose, in the depths of the ocean blue. I’d find you.
Sunday, June 6, 2010
Wedding Update
So I've finally decided on a location for the wedding...even though it is still two years away. But I figured if I plan it all out now, it'll be a lot easier to handle when the time really comes to start getting stuff done. Plus, it gives me something to do now when I'm bored. So right now, depending on whether or not it is still open come that time, the location is going to be Hamlin Beach. I really want the shelter at Area 1 because of the pier, so I hope I'm either able to schedule out that far or that I don't wait too long to call back. But I'm not sure if we'd be allowed to have a DJ. If not, that's okay, we can make cds of music that we like and play them on a stereo, and it cuts out the cost of a DJ. The pier and the fireplace in the shelter will make for great photo opportunities. I know what flowers I want but I need to find out if they're going to be in season, if I'd be able to get them, in August. Otherwise I'll need to choose a different combination. I'd like to keep the budget at $3,000 but I don't think that's really feasible because of costs of wedding bands, renting a tux (or buying a suit), decorations, etc. Plus the cost of all the food whether we have it catered, have a family friend cook for us, or cook ourselves.
I'm excited that it's coming along. It's kind of bittersweet because I'm figuring out what I want for the wedding, but it's still so far off. Two years and two months, almost to the day. That's a long time. Who knows if we will even still be in NY at that time. Who knows if I'll have a job that pays as well as what I make now. It's all a little intimidating.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment