Hello, Everyone! For everyone who doesn't know me, my name is Jaclyn, or to this crazy family better known as PITA. Did you know that isn't Spanish? It took me about 5 years to realize that it wasn't Spanish. It stands for Pain In The Ass.
I have known Denise for, oh God, I have no idea how long. At least since 5th grade, or maybe before. We've spent so much time together as kids and into our adult years. Denise has always been that friend that my parents would never question if I wanted to spend the night there or go on vacation with. Which might not have been the best idea on my parents part...
We've been so close growing up that we have matching tattoos (sorry moms, it's a little bigger than the quarter we promised) we had combined graduation parties, and we even talked about having joint wedding, but we all see how that turned out!
Since I've known Denise so long I know when she is truly happy. Tim, you make her happier than she's ever been. I hope you know what you are getting into! I hope you can keep her and her OCD happy!! I'm actually surprised she didn't write this speech for me! She practically planned every aspect of her wedding, shower and bachelorette party. She even wrote the entire ceremony for my wedding! But that's another reason why I love her. I know she is so organized and has a plan for everything and I am happy that she is including you, Tim, in her plans for life.
No matter where you two end up in life I know that you will always have each other to fall back on. Just promise me that you will keep her happy for the rest of your marriage. I'm not saying this for her sake, I'm saying this for yours. Have you met her uncle's? I wouldn't mess with them, either. And, well, my dad IS a butcher, just saying!
Before I finish, I do have some sayings that I feel fit you two very well and I think everyone can agree...
Some would say that when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage, it's love, after marriage it is self-defense. And they say that before marriage a man will lay awake thinking about something you said, after marriage he'll fall asleep before you have finished saying it.
So if everyone can raise their glasses, I want to toast the beautiful Bride, Denise and her new Husband, Tim to a life full of love, compassion, understanding and a few brief moments of insanity. I hope that you guys find everything in each other that you are missing within yourselves, and learn to face the challenges that will come with marriage. For a great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" come together, but when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.
To Denise and Tim, I love you both!
No comments:
Post a Comment