Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Major Update

First things first....I got a job!!!!!! My second interview turned into an offer that I accepted! I am halfway through my second week and I love it. It's a little slow going trying to learn the ropes at a new place, I've never had to do billable hours before so it's weird. I now park in a parking garage instead of an open parking lot so I don't have to brush my car off after work anymore. It's nice because the parking garage goes straight to one of the buildings that is attached to mine (3 buildings are attached together) so I don't have to walk outside, right?? Wrong. Every damn day I have to walk down the street to the post office to get the mail. Normally I wouldn't mind, but some days when it's windy and bitter outside, I'd just rather not do that. Today I took a hoodie to work with me to put on for the walk, and I found a winter headband thing to cover my ears. That's really my biggest complaint about the job, in the spring, summer and fall it will be nice. Nice in the summer because it's kind of early enough in the morning that it won't be God-awful unbearable.

Christmas was great, a lot better than I thought it was going to be. I gave mom her wedding scrapbook that I FINALLY finished. She gave me a great daughter necklace. Grammy got me a cookbook that I'd forgotten I asked for. Dad got me some new work clothes which I was super excited about, you know you're getting old when you're excited about clothes. And he got me a printer...

...which brings me toooooooooo......I printed out a sample of our wedding invitation, some draft of a guestbook page which I don't think I really like, and samples of our address labels. I am sooooo excited! AND I had to stop at WalMart on my way home from work today so I was looking at the nail polish and stuff and decided to get one of those nail decorator pens to give myself a french manicure (I can't do it with the regular nail polish brush, it's too thick) so I did that tonight and while they're not perfect (especially my left hand from being done with my non-dominant hand), they're not bad for a first try. If I practice between now and then, I may do my own for the wedding and not pay $45 to get them done, the pen was $7 and I had the clear top coat....not a bad deal.

I decided on a photographer and e-mailed him requesting an appointment to meet him. He's going to charge $400 for up to 4 hours of coverage, free engagement session, disc of high resolution/edited images copyright released, it's a GREAT deal. So I've pretty much figured out the day of timeline, a timeline of what to do and when between now and the wedding, one wedding band bought, my dress and shoes bought, bakery picked out and we will place our order in October.....all that's left really is to start the DIY stuff like the invitations, guestbook pages and possibly centerpieces. I'm itching to start them now but Tim says if I do them now, I won't have anything to do 5 months before the wedding....which is fine because that's the most stressful time!!

I think that's all I'm going to post for now. I'm just so darn excited and no one to talk to right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment